10 of 11 portraits of Edward Jenner
by Richard James Lane, printed by Charles Joseph Hullmandel, published by Henry Colburn, after Henry Corbould
lithograph, published March 1827
7 1/2 in. x 5 in. (190 mm x 127 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Edward Jenner (1749-1823), Surgeon; discoverer of vaccination. Sitter in 11 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Henry Colburn (1784 or 1785-1855), Publisher. Artist associated with 25 portraits.
- Henry Corbould (1787-1844), Draughtsman and book illustrator. Artist associated with 23 portraits.
- Charles Joseph Hullmandel (1789-1850), Lithographic printer. Artist associated with 106 portraits.
- Richard James Lane (1800-1872), Sculptor and lithographer. Artist associated with 1117 portraits, Sitter in 6 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Jordanova, Ludmilla, Defining Features: Scientific and Medical Portraits 1660-2000, 2000 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 14 April to 17 September 2000), p. 118