12 of 61 portraits of William Laud
after Sir Anthony Van Dyck
line engraving, mid 17th century (circa 1635-1637)
3 7/8 in. x 2 5/8 in. (98 mm x 67 mm) paper size
Given by the daughter of compiler William Fleming MD, Mary Elizabeth Stopford (née Fleming), 1931
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- William Laud (1573-1645), Archbishop of Canterbury. Sitter associated with 61 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Sir Anthony Van Dyck (1599-1641), Painter. Artist associated with 1017 portraits, Sitter associated with 31 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- EEBO (Early English Books Online)
- EEBO (Early English Books Online), plate 2
- Royall and loyall blood shed by Cromwel and his Party, &c. viz. King Charles the martyr. The Earl of Strafford. The Arch-bishop of Canterbury ... Doctor Hewit to which are added 3 other murthers of publique note ... to which is annexed a brief chronicle of the wars & affairs of the 3. kingdoms, from 1640 to 1661. Most exactly collected and compared with the originals, and amended of those errours wich abound in the counterfeit impression of this book, 1662, plate 2
- Anon, Royall and loyall blood, shed by Cromwell and his complices, in those unhappy late rebellious distractions Being a full narrative of all those persons of note that suffered either before the martyrdom of our late soveraigne King Charles the First, or after; to the end of those bloody suffering times. ..., 1662