6 of 29 portraits of William Sancroft
by Michael Vandergucht, after Edward Lutterell or Luttrell, after Robert White
line engraving, late 17th century to early 18th century
5 3/4 in. x 3 7/8 in. (147 mm x 98 mm) paper size
Given by the daughter of compiler William Fleming MD, Mary Elizabeth Stopford, 1931
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- William Sancroft (1617-1693), Archbishop of Canterbury. Sitter associated with 29 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Edward Lutterell or Luttrell (died 1737), Mezzotinter and pastel draughtsman. Artist associated with 64 portraits.
- Michael Vandergucht (1660-1725), Engraver. Artist associated with 252 portraits.
- Robert White (1645-1703), Engraver. Artist associated with 560 portraits, Sitter associated with 1 portrait.
Exhibitions and displays
- Treason, Plots and Murder
From 26 May
- The Art of Drawing: Portraits from the Collection, 1670-1780
Until 19 May