3 of 12 portraits of John Kettlewell
by Michael Vandergucht
line engraving, early 18th century
5 7/8 in. x 3 1/2 in. (150 mm x 90 mm) plate size; 6 1/2 in. x 3 5/8 in. (165 mm x 92 mm) paper size
Given by the daughter of compiler William Fleming MD, Mary Elizabeth Stopford, 1931
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Lancelot Andrewes (1555-1626), Bishop of Winchester. Sitter in 28 portraits.
- George Hickes (1642-1715), Nonjuror and Dean of Worcester. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Thomas Ken (1637-1711), Bishop of Bath and Wells. Sitter in 20 portraits.
- John Kettlewell (1653-1695), Nonjuror and devotional writer. Sitter associated with 12 portraits.
- William Laud (1573-1645), Archbishop of Canterbury. Sitter associated with 61 portraits.
- Nathaniel Spinckes (1654-1727), Nonjuror divine. Sitter in 4 portraits.