18 of 27 portraits of Nicholas Ridley
by John Faber Sr, retouched by Richard Houston, printed for Elizabeth Bakewell, printed for Henry Parker
mezzotint, published 1759
10 3/8 in. x 7 3/4 in. (265 mm x 198 mm) plate size; 11 3/4 in. x 8 7/8 in. (300 mm x 224 mm) paper size
Given by G.H. Viner, 1933
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Nicholas Ridley (1500-1555), Bishop of London. Sitter associated with 27 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Elizabeth Bakewell (active 1749-1770s), Publisher. Artist associated with 22 portraits.
- John Faber Sr (circa 1660-1721), Draughtsman and engraver. Artist associated with 192 portraits.
- Richard Houston (1721 or 1722-1775), Engraver. Artist associated with 188 portraits.
- Henry Parker (1725?-1809), Book and printseller. Artist associated with 40 portraits.