The Conservative Shadow Cabinet
1 portrait of Margaret Thatcher
The Conservative Shadow Cabinet
by Tom Blau
modern C-type from original transparency, 1977
13 5/8 in. x 18 3/8 in. (346 mm x 468 mm) image size
Given by Camera Press: London: UK, 2007
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Peter Alexander Rupert Carington, 6th Baron Carrington (1919-), Politician; 6th Secretary General of NATO. Sitter in 12 portraits.
- Humphrey Edward Gregory Atkins, Baron Colnbrook (1922-1996), Politician; Secretary of State for Northern Ireland. Sitter in 12 portraits.
- John Emerson Harding Davies (1916-1979), Business executive and politician. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Ian Hedworth John Little Gilmour, Baron Gilmour of Craigmillar (1926-2007), Politician, editor of The Spectator and author. Sitter associated with 8 portraits.
- Quintin McGarel Hogg, 1st Baron Hailsham of St Marylebone (1907-2001), Lord Chancellor; son of 1st Viscount Hailsham. Sitter in 46 portraits.
- (Robert) Michael Oldfield Havers, Baron Havers (1923-1992), Lawyer and politician. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Michael Ray Dibdin Heseltine, Baron Heseltine (1933-), Conservative politician; MP for Tavistock and Henley and businessman. Sitter in 5 portraits.
- (Richard Edward) Geoffrey Howe, Baron Howe of Aberavon (1926-2015), Politician; Deputy Prime Minister, Chancellor of the Exchequer and Foreign Secretary. Sitter in 11 portraits.
- Charles Patrick Fleeming Jenkin, Baron Jenkin of Roding (1926-2016), Politician; Secretary of State for the Environment. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Keith Sinjohn Joseph, Baron Joseph (1918-1994), Conservative politician and barrister. Sitter in 25 portraits.
- Thomas Jeremy ('Tom') King, Baron King of Bridgwater (1933-), Businessman and politician. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Angus Edmund Maude, Baron Maude of Stratford-upon-Avon (1912-1993), Politician; Paymaster General. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Airey Middleton Sheffield Neave (1916-1979), Politician and intelligence officer. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Sir John William Frederic Nott (1932-), Politician and company chairman. Sitter in 5 portraits.
- James Michael Leathes Prior, Baron Prior (1927-2016), Politician, company chairman, farmer and land agent. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Francis Leslie Pym, Baron Pym (1922-2008), Conservative politician; Foreign Secretary, Defence Secretary, Northern Ireland Secretary and Leader of the House of Commons. Sitter associated with 30 portraits.
- Norman Anthony Francis St John-Stevas, Baron St John of Fawsley (1929-2012), Barrister, author and Conservative politician; MP for Chelmsford. Sitter in 5 portraits.
- Sir Edward MacMillan ('Teddy') Taylor (1937-2017), Politician and journalist. Sitter associated with 3 portraits.
- Margaret Hilda Thatcher (née Roberts), Baroness Thatcher of Kesteven (1925-2013), Prime Minister. Sitter in 40 portraits.
- (George Edward) Peter Thorneycroft, Baron Thorneycroft (1909-1994), Politician; Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter in 30 portraits.
- William Stephen Ian Whitelaw, Viscount Whitelaw (1918-1999), Politician; Home Secretary and Deputy Prime Minister. Sitter in 15 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Blau's caption read; 'The first picture of Margaret Thatcher and members of the Leader's Consultative Committee to be taken in the new 'Shadow Cabinet' Room at the House of Commons, which was made available to Her Majesty's Opposition earlier this year.
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: England, London (Shadow Cabinet room, House of Commons, Palace of Westminster, London)
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Born 1947 - Camera Press at 60 (30 October 2007 - 20 April 2008)