by Camille Silvy
albumen carte-de-visite, July 1861
3 3/8 in. x 2 1/4 in. (85 mm x 56 mm)
Given by an anonymous donor, 1973
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Adelina Patti (1843-1919), Singer; sister of Carlotta Patti. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Camille Silvy (1834-1910), Photographer. Artist associated with 6089 portraits, Sitter in 24 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Victorian Portraits Resource Pack, p. 5
- Funnell, Peter, Victorian Portraits in the National Portrait Gallery Collection, 1996, p. 5
- Rogers, Malcolm, Camera Portraits, 1989 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 20 October 1989 - 21 January 1990), p. 61
Placesback to top
- Place made: United Kingdom: England, London (photographer's studio, 38 Porchester Terrace, Bayswater, London)