1 of 53 portraits of Lillie Langtry
by Henry Van der Weyde
albumen cabinet print, April 1885
5 3/4 in. x 4 1/8 in. (146 mm x 104 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Emilie Charlotte ('Lillie') Langtry (née Le Breton) (1853-1929), Actress and professional beauty. Sitter in 53 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Henry Van der Weyde (1838-1924), Painter and photographer. Artist associated with 52 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Callow, Simon, Character Sketches: Oscar Wilde and His Circle, 2000, p. 43
- Funnell, Peter; Warner, Malcolm, Millais: Portraits, 1999 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 19 February to 6 June 1999), p. 198
- Levitt, Sarah, Fashion in Photographs 1880-1900, 1991, p. 39
- Rogers, Malcolm, Camera Portraits, 1989 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 20 October 1989 - 21 January 1990), p. 107
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 363