1 portrait on display in Room 28 at the National Portrait Gallery
by Rupert Potter
carbon print, September 1879
11 1/2 in. x 6 7/8 in. (292 mm x 176 mm)
Given by Rupert Potter, 1914
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- John Bright (1811-1889), Statesman and orator. Sitter associated with 90 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Rupert Potter (1832-1914), Barrister and photographer; father of Beatrix Potter. Artist associated with 29 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Rogers, Malcolm, Camera Portraits, 1989 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 20 October 1989 - 21 January 1990), p. 99
- Saywell, David; Simon, Jacob, Complete Illustrated Catalogue, 2004, p. 76
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- The World of Rupert Potter: Photographs of Beatrix, Millais and friends (13 May 2014 - 16 November 2014)