16 of 22 portraits of Anne Boleyn
by William Nelson Gardiner, published by Edward Harding, after Silvester Harding, after Unknown artist
stipple engraving, published 1790
7 3/8 in. x 5 3/8 in. (188 mm x 138 mm) plate size; 8 7/8 in. x 7 1/4 in. (225 mm x 184 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1957
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Anne Boleyn (circa 1500-1536), Second Queen of Henry VIII. Sitter associated with 22 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- William Nelson Gardiner (1766-1814), Engraver and bookseller. Artist associated with 51 portraits.
- Edward Harding (1755-1840), Engraver, publisher and librarian to Queen Charlotte. Artist associated with 183 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Silvester Harding (1745-1809), Artist and publisher. Artist associated with 215 portraits.
- Unknown artist. Artist associated with 6267 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- The Real Tudors: Kings and Queens Rediscovered
Until 1 March 2015
- WebQuest: Henry VIII's Next Wife?
- Thank you for supporting the conservation of the portrait of Anne Boleyn
- Picturing History: A portrait set of early English kings and queens
- WebQuest: Henry VIII - Man Versus Myth
- Return to Life: A New Look at the Portrait Bust
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Art Conservation Project
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, test
- Portrait of the Day: Richard III
25 November, 12:00