6 of 8 portraits of Erasmus Darwin
by William Holl Sr, after J. Rawlinson, and by Thomas Milton, after Richard Corbould, published by Robert John Thornton
stipple engraving and etching, published 1 February 1803
19 in. x 13 1/8 in. (482 mm x 334 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- Richard Corbould (1757-1831), Landscape painter; Book illustrator. Artist associated with 4 portraits, Sitter associated with 2 portraits.
- William Holl Sr (1771-1838), Engraver. Artist associated with 126 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Thomas Milton (1742 or 1743-1827), Printmaker and topographical draughtsman. Artist associated with 9 portraits.
- J. Rawlinson. Artist associated with 4 portraits.
- Robert John Thornton (1768-1837), Physician, writer on botany and publisher. Artist associated with 48 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.