Group at the Church Congress
1 of 2 portraits of Sir Joseph Napier, 1st Bt
Group at the Church Congress
by Unknown photographer
salt print, 12 July 1862
8 1/4 in. x 10 1/4 in. (208 mm x 260 mm) image size
Given by Ripon College, 1976
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- John Gellibrand Hubbard, 1st Baron Addington (1805-1889), Politician, merchant and fiscal reformer; Director of Bank of England. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Sir Charles Henry John Anderson, 9th Bt (1804-1891), Landowner and Sheriff of Lincolnshire. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- William John Beamont (1828-1868), Divine, missionary and army chaplain. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Robert Brett (1808-1874), Surgeon and tractarian. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Frederic Bulley. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Montagu Burrows (1819-1905), Naval officer and professor of history. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- William Cadman, Rector, Holy Trinity, Marylebone. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Thomas Thellusson Carter (1808-1901), Church of England clergyman. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Charles Carr Clerke (1799-1877), Archdeacon of Oxford. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- William Cotton (1786-1866), Rope manufacturer and philanthropist. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Arthur Perceval Purey-Cust (1828-1916), Dean of York. Sitter in 5 portraits.
- George Anthony Denison (1805-1896), Church of England clergyman. Sitter in 10 portraits.
- Richard Durnford (1802-1895), Bishop of Chichester. Sitter in 10 portraits.
- William Emery (1825-1910), Archdeacon of Ely. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Thomas Fowler (1832-1904), Philosopher and university administrator; President of Corpus Christi College, Oxford and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Hon. William Henry Fremantle (1831-1916), Dean of Ripon. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Robert Gray (1809-1872), Bishop of Cape Town; son of Robert Gray, Bishop of Bristol. Sitter in 10 portraits.
- William Jackson (active 2005). Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Francis Knyvett Leighton (1806-1881), Warden of All Souls College, Oxford and Canon of Westminster. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Edward Arthur Litton (1813-1889), Reverend. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Francis Charles Massingberd (1800-1872), Divine; Chancellor of Lincoln. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Thomas Baker Morrell (1815-1877), Bishop coadjutor of Edinburgh. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Sir Joseph Napier, 1st Bt (1804-1882), Lord Chancellor of Ireland. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Francis Russell Nixon (1803-1879), Bishop of Tasmania. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- James Randall (1790-1882), Archdeacon of Berkshire. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- James Skinner (1818-1881), Reverend, author and hymn writer. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Thomas Nettleship Staley (1823-1898), First Missionary Bishop of Honolulu. Sitter in 11 portraits.
- Henry Hutchinson Swinny, Vicar, Cuddesdon, Oxfordshire. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Henry Earle Tweed (1827-1910), Prebendary of Lincoln Cathedral. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Samuel Wilberforce (1805-1873), Bishop of Oxford and of Winchester; son of William Wilberforce. Sitter in 84 portraits.
- Charles Lee Wingfield (born 1832), Divine. Sitter in 1 portrait.
Placesback to top
- Place made and portrayed: United Kingdom: England, Oxfordshire (outside the Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford)