1 portrait of Joseph Farquharson
by (Mary) Olive Edis (Mrs Galsworthy)
platinum print on photographer's card mount, 1923
9 1/8in. x 7 1/8in. (229 mm x 182 mm)
Given by (Mary) Olive Edis (Mrs Galsworthy), 1948
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- (Mary) Olive Edis (Mrs Galsworthy) (1876-1955), Photographer. Artist associated with 424 portraits, Sitter in 17 portraits.
Subjects & Themesback to top
Events of 1923back to top
Current affairsStanley Baldwin begins the first of three terms of government as Conservative Prime Minister following the resignation of Andrew Bonar Law.
Art and scienceBolton Wanderers beat West Ham United in the first FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium. The Cup Final was held at Wembley every year except during the war until 2000.
InternationalHitler attempts to take power in Germany with the Munich Beer Hall Putsch. On the 8th November Hitler and the SA stormed a meeting of the ruling 'triumvirs' forcing them to support a march on Berlin. The coup, however, failed and Hitler was arrested and sentences to five years in prison.
- Photographic holdings - print and negative collections
- Learn more
- Thomas Hardy
- Edwardian Women Photographers: Eveleen Myers, Alice Hughes, Christina Broom and Olive Edis
- Johnny Dewe-Mathews
- Jorge Lewinski
- Literati Photographs by Mark Gerson
- Rollie McKenna: Artists and Writers
- Karsh: 50 Years of Photographs by Yousuf Karsh