'The Royal Shooting Party'
1 portrait of Augusta Victoria, Empress of Germany and Queen of Prussia
'The Royal Shooting Party'
published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd
bromide postcard print, 14 November 1907
3 1/2 in. x 5 3/8 in. (88 mm x 138 mm) overall
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Rotary Photographic Co Ltd (active 1897-1916). Artist associated with 1002 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Queen Alexandra (1844-1925), Queen of Edward VII. Sitter associated with 459 portraits, Artist associated with 10 portraits.
- Prince Arthur of Connaught (1883-1938), Governor-General of South Africa; son of 1st Duke of Connaught and grandson of Queen Victoria. Sitter in 43 portraits.
- Augusta Victoria, Empress of Germany and Queen of Prussia (1858-1921), Consort of Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany and King of Prussia. Sitter in 10 portraits.
- Sir Walter Douglas Somerset Campbell (1853-1919), Captain and royal courtier. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Prince Christian of Schleswig-Holstein (1831-1917), Husband of Princess Helena. Sitter in 30 portraits.
- Princess Louise, Duchess of Connaught (née Princess of Prussia) (1860-1917), Daughter of Prince Frederick of Prussia; wife of Arthur, Duke of Connaught. Sitter in 35 portraits.
- Alice Maud Olivia (née Montagu), Countess of Derby (1862-1957), Lady of the Bedchamber to Queen Alexandra; wife of 17th Earl of Derby; daughter of 7th Duke of Manchester. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- King Edward VII (1841-1910), Reigned 1901-1910. Sitter associated with 486 portraits.
- King George V (1865-1936), Reigned 1910-36. Sitter in 438 portraits.
- Mr Halsey (active 1906-1907). Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Countess von Keller, Lady-in-Waiting to Augusta Victoria, Empress of Germany and Queen of Prussia. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Baron von dem Knesebeck, German courtier and diplomat. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Maud Evelyn (née Hamilton), Marchioness of Lansdowne (1850-1932), Royal courtier; wife of 5th Marquess of Lansdowne; daughter of 1st Duke of Abercorn. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- Sir Harry Charles Legge (1852-1924), Army officer and royal courtier. Sitter associated with 4 portraits.
- Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, Duchess of Argyll (1848-1939), Daughter of Queen Victoria. Sitter associated with 92 portraits, Artist associated with 1 portrait.
- Adolf, Baron Marschall von Bieberstein (1842-1912), German diplomat. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Queen Mary (1867-1953), Queen consort of King George V. Sitter in 365 portraits.
- Princess Patricia of Connaught (later Lady Patricia Ramsay) (1886-1974), Wife of Sir Alexander Ramsay; daughter of Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught; granddaughter of Queen Victoria. Sitter associated with 28 portraits.
- Princess Victoria of Wales (1868-1935), Fourth child of King Edward VII. Sitter associated with 108 portraits.
- Sir David Nairne Welch (1820-1912), Naval commander. Sitter associated with 3 portraits.
- Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany and King of Prussia (1859-1941), Reigned 1888-1918. Sitter in 44 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Curators' Choice: Photographs from the Terence Pepper Gift
Until 24 January 2016