Royal Coronation Group
1 portrait of Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester
© William Hustler and Georgina Hustler / National Portrait Gallery, London
Royal Coronation Group
by Dorothy Wilding
bromide print, 12 May 1937
8 7/8 in. x 11 1/2 in. (224 mm x 291 mm) overall
Given by Gladys E. Slay, 1992
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Dorothy Wilding (1893-1976), Photographer. Artist associated with 2142 portraits, Sitter in 30 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester (1901-2004), Wife of Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester; daughter of 7th Duke of Buccleuch and 9th Duke of Queensberry. Sitter in 136 portraits.
- Queen Elizabeth II (1926-), Queen regnant. Sitter associated with 909 portraits.
- Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother (1900-2002), Queen of George VI. Sitter associated with 521 portraits.
- King George VI (1895-1952), Reigned 1936-52. Sitter associated with 500 portraits.
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (1902-1942), Naval and air force officer; son of King George V. Sitter in 162 portraits.
- Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester (1900-1974), Son of George V. Sitter in 178 portraits.
- Princess Margaret (1930-2002), Daughter of George VI; Countess of Snowdon. Sitter associated with 270 portraits.
- Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent (1906-1968), Wife of Prince George, Duke of Kent; daughter of Prince and Princess Nicholas of Greece and of Denmark. Sitter in 110 portraits, Artist of 1 portrait.
- Queen Mary (1867-1953), Queen consort of King George V. Sitter in 368 portraits.
- Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood (1897-1965), Princess Royal; daughter of George V. Sitter in 267 portraits.
- Maud, Queen of Norway (1869-1938), Queen consort of King Haakon VII; daughter of King Edward VII. Sitter in 92 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Simon Schama’s Face of Britain
Until 4 January 2016
- Curators' Choice: Photographs from the Terence Pepper Gift
Until 24 January 2016
- The Face of Monarchy
- The Queen's Golden Jubilee
- Terry O'Neill: Celebrity
- Yousuf Karsh
- WebQuest: Christmas or Seaside
- My Favourite Portrait by Hugo Vickers
- A Question of Identity: Self-Portrait Photographs 1850-2000
- Learn more
- Photographic holdings - print collections
- Collected Archives - T-Z
- In Close Up: Laurence Olivier
- The Royal Ballet at 75
Related shop items
- Monarchs Ruler
- Magnetic Monarchs
- A Guide to Contemporary Portraits (paperback)
- A Guide to the National Portrait Gallery (paperback)
- National Portrait Gallery: A Portrait of Britain
- Pets in Portraits
- The Kings and Queens of England Poster
- Queen Elizabeth II Bust
- Kings and Queens of England Mug
- Famous Faces Playing Cards