The Liberal Cabinet, 1880
9 of 37 portraits of John Poyntz Spencer, 5th Earl Spencer
The Liberal Cabinet, 1880
by Unknown photographer
albumen carte-de-visite, circa 1880
3 1/2 in. x 2 1/4 in. (90 mm x 57 mm) image size
Given by Miss Bremner, 1934
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- George Douglas Campbell, 8th Duke of Argyll (1823-1900), Politician, Lord Privy Seal and Secretary of State for India and writer on science, religion, and politics. Sitter in 31 portraits.
- John Bright (1811-1889), Statesman and orator. Sitter associated with 91 portraits.
- Joseph ('Joe') Chamberlain (1836-1914), Industrialist and politician; MP for Birmingham. Sitter in 102 portraits.
- Hugh Culling Eardley Childers (1827-1896), Statesman. Sitter associated with 18 portraits.
- Spencer Compton Cavendish, 8th Duke of Devonshire (1833-1908), Politician and Captain. Sitter in 55 portraits.
- William Edward Forster (1818-1886), Industrialist, philanthropist and Liberal politician; MP for Bradford; son of William Forster. Sitter in 20 portraits.
- William Ewart Gladstone (1809-1898), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 310 portraits.
- Granville George Leveson-Gower, 2nd Earl Granville (1815-1891), Politician, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs and leader of the Liberal party. Sitter associated with 50 portraits.
- Sir William Vernon Harcourt (1827-1904), Lawyer, journalist and Liberal politician; MP for Oxford and Derby, Chancellor of the Exchequer and leader of the British Liberal Party. Sitter in 54 portraits.
- John Wodehouse, 1st Earl of Kimberley (1826-1902), Politician, Secretary of State for the Colonies and Foreign Secretary. Sitter in 16 portraits.
- John George Dodson, 1st Baron Monk Bretton (1825-1897), Politician; Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Thomas George Baring, 1st Earl of Northbrook (1826-1904), Politician, First Lord of the Admiralty and Viceroy of India. Sitter in 16 portraits.
- Roundell Palmer, 1st Earl of Selborne (1812-1895), Lord Chancellor; lawyer. Sitter associated with 33 portraits.
- John Poyntz Spencer, 5th Earl Spencer (1835-1910), Politician, Lord President of the Council and Lord Lieutenant of Ireland. Sitter in 37 portraits.
- Sir Benjamin Stone's Parliamentary Pictures
- Victorian Photographs by Elliott and Fry
- G.F Watts - Selected Letters
- WebQuest: Votes For Women
- The Beautiful and the Damned
- Keep The Home Fires Burning
- A Celebration of Shakespeare
- Reaching for the stars: Astronomers in focus
- Rupert Brooke: War Poet
- The Royal Ballet at 75
- Lillah McCarthy