1 portrait of Vita Sackville-West
by Cecil Beaton
bromide print on white card mount, 1958
9 1/2 in. x 8 1/8 in. (240 mm x 207 mm)
Given by Sir Cecil Beaton, 1969
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Victoria Mary ('Vita') Sackville-West (1892-1962), Writer and gardener; wife of Sir Harold Nicolson. Sitter in 25 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Cecil Beaton (1904-1980), Photographer, designer and writer. Artist associated with 1082 portraits, Sitter associated with 350 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Faces of the Century, 1999 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 22 October 1999 to 30 January 2000), p. 92
- Bennett, Sue, Five Centuries of Women and Gardens, 2000 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 5 October 2000 to 21 January 2001), p. 147
- Lunchtime Lecture: Behind the Mask: The Life of Vita Sackville-West
19 February, 13:15