1 portrait on display in Room 28: wallcase at the National Portrait Gallery
by Alexander Bassano
albumen cabinet card, 1889
5 7/8 in. x 4 in. (149 mm x 103 mm) image size
Given by Cecil Reginald Grundy, 1940
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Isabel Maude Penrice ('Belle') Le-Poer-Trench (née Bilton), Countess of Clancarty (1867-1906), Music hall entertainer; wife of 5th Earl of Clancarty; daughter of John George Bilton. Sitter in 34 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Alexander Bassano (1829-1913), Photographer. Artist associated with 2806 portraits, Sitter in 4 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- Levitt, Sarah, Fashion in Photographs 1880-1900, 1991, p. 73
Placesback to top
- Place made: United Kingdom: England, London (photographer's studio, 25 Old Bond Street , London)
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Alexander Bassano: Victorian Photographer (From 25 March 2013)