by Benjamin Smith, published by John Boydell, published by Josiah Boydell, after William Hogarth
stipple engraving, published 2 April 1794 (1745)
15 1/2 in. x 11 3/4 in. (394 mm x 298 mm) plate size; 16 1/8 in. x 12 1/4 in. (411 mm x 311 mm) paper size
acquired unknown source, 1937
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- William Hogarth (1697-1764), Painter and engraver. Sitter associated with 19 portraits, Artist associated with 127 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John Boydell (1720-1804), Engraver and printseller. Artist associated with 127 portraits, Sitter in 13 portraits.
- Josiah Boydell (1752-1817), Artist and publisher. Artist associated with 66 portraits.
- William Hogarth (1697-1764), Painter and engraver. Artist associated with 127 portraits, Sitter associated with 19 portraits.
- Benjamin Smith (circa 1754-1833), Engraver, printseller and publisher. Artist associated with 16 portraits.
Related worksback to top
Placesback to top
- Place made: United Kingdom: England, London (Cheapside; Shakespeare Gallery, Pall Mall, London)