8 of 23 portraits of William Howley
by Charles Turner, published by Colnaghi, Son & Co, after Sir Thomas Lawrence
mezzotint, published 2 March 1829
21 3/4 in. x 16 in. (553 mm x 406 mm) plate size; 22 1/4 in. x 16 1/2 in. (566 mm x 419 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1961
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- William Howley (1766-1848), Archbishop of Canterbury. Sitter associated with 23 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Colnaghi, Son & Co (active 1826-1835), Publishers. Artist associated with 72 portraits.
- Sir Thomas Lawrence (1769-1830), Portrait painter, collector and President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 683 portraits, Sitter in 25 portraits.
- Charles Turner (1773-1857), Engraver. Artist associated with 617 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Exhibition Tour: Wellington: Triumphs, Politics and Passions
30 April, 19:30