by and published by William Sharp, published by Benjamin Beale Evans, published by William Skelton, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
line engraving, published 1 January 1788 (1786)
19 7/8 in. x 15 3/8 in. (504 mm x 390 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- Benjamin Beale Evans (active 1783-1824), Printseller and engraver. Artist associated with 7 portraits.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792), Painter and first President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 1413 portraits, Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
- William Sharp (1749-1824), Engraver. Artist associated with 72 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.
- William Skelton (1763-1848), Engraver. Artist associated with 58 portraits.
Related worksback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 1 September