by William Overend Geller, printed by S.H. Hawkins, published by H. Benham, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
mezzotint, published 21 April 1836 (1786)
19 7/8 in. x 15 3/8 in. (505 mm x 389 mm) plate size; 20 7/8 in. x 16 1/8 in. (529 mm x 409 mm) paper size
Given by the daughter of compiler William Fleming MD, Mary Elizabeth Stopford, 1931
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- H. Benham (active 1836), Publisher. Artist associated with 1 portrait.
- William Overend Geller (active circa 1790-1853), Printmaker and painter. Artist associated with 23 portraits.
- S.H. Hawkins (active 1841-1848), Printer. Artist associated with 9 portraits.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792), Painter and first President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 1413 portraits, Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
Related worksback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 1 September 2015