3 of 3 portraits of William Ewart
by Samuel William Reynolds, published by Thomas Agnew, and published by Henry Lacey, after Edward Villiers Rippingille
mezzotint, published February 1838
14 1/2 in. x 11 1/8 in. (367 mm x 281 mm) plate size; 27 3/8 in. x 20 in. (694 mm x 507 mm) paper size
Given by Messrs. Thomas Agnew, 1932
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- William Ewart (1798-1869), Reformer and politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter in 3 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Thomas Agnew (1794-1871), Art dealer. Artist associated with 59 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Henry Lacey (active 1838), Liverpool printseller. Artist associated with 2 portraits.
- Samuel William Reynolds (1773-1835), Mezzotint engraver and painter. Artist associated with 627 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Edward Villiers Rippingille (1798-1859). Artist associated with 2 portraits.