8 of 11 portraits of Edward Jenner
by Maxim Gauci, printed and published by N. Chater & Co, printed and published by Washbourn & Son, after Samuel Manning Sr
lithograph, published 10 August 1823
18 3/8 in. x 13 1/2 in. (466 mm x 342 mm) paper size
Given by Captain A.C. Moller, 1959
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Edward Jenner (1749-1823), Surgeon; discoverer of vaccination. Sitter in 11 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- N. Chater & Co (active 1823), Lithographic printers and publishers. Artist associated with 1 portrait.
- Maxim Gauci (1776-1854), Lithographer. Artist associated with 85 portraits.
- Samuel Manning Sr (1788-1842), Sculptor. Artist associated with 2 portraits.
- Washbourn & Son (active 1823), Printers and publishers. Artist associated with 1 portrait.