by Ernst Morace, published by Johann Friedrich Frauenholz, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
line engraving, early 19th century (circa 1777-1778)
14 5/8 in. x 11 1/2 in. (371 mm x 291 mm) plate size; 15 1/4 in. x 12 in. (387 mm x 304 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1960
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Angelica Kauffmann (1741-1807), Painter. Sitter in 7 portraits, Artist associated with 21 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Johann Friedrich Frauenholz (1758-after 1822), Art dealer and publisher. Artist associated with 1 portrait.
- Ernst Morace (1766-1820), Copperplate engraver. Artist associated with 2 portraits.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792), Painter and first President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 1413 portraits, Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
Related worksback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 1 September 2015