20 of 24 portraits of Fanny Kemble
by Charles Picart, printed by Lahee & Co, published by Joseph Dickinson, after Sir Thomas Lawrence
hand-coloured stipple engraving, published June 1831
13 1/2 in. x 10 1/4 in. (343 mm x 259 mm) plate size; 15 7/8 in. x 12 1/4 in. (404 mm x 310 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Frances Anne ('Fanny') Kemble (1809-1893), Actress and author. Sitter in 24 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Joseph Dickinson (1780-1849), Stationer and lithographic publisher. Artist associated with 82 portraits.
- Lahee & Co (active 1810-1852), Printers. Artist associated with 16 portraits.
- Sir Thomas Lawrence (1769-1830), Portrait painter, collector and President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 683 portraits, Sitter in 25 portraits.
- Charles Picart (circa 1780-circa 1837), Engraver, draughtsman and painter. Artist associated with 118 portraits.