7 of 8 portraits of Richard Wilson
by William Bond, printed by Bell & Wright, published by Longman & Co, published by Josiah Taylor, published by William Bond, after Anton Raphael Mengs
stipple engraving, published 20 January 1812
12 in. x 10 in. (304 mm x 255 mm) plate size; 15 7/8 in. x 11 1/2 in. (404 mm x 293 mm) paper size
Given by the daughter of compiler William Fleming MD, Mary Elizabeth Stopford (née Fleming), 1931
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Richard Wilson (1714-1782), Landscape painter. Sitter associated with 8 portraits, Artist associated with 6 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Bell & Wright (active 1812-1817), Printers. Artist associated with 2 portraits.
- William Bond (active 1772-1827), Engraver. Artist associated with 55 portraits.
- Longman & Co (active 1806-1839), Publishers. Artist associated with 25 portraits.
- Anton Raphael Mengs (1728-1779). Artist associated with 10 portraits.
- Josiah Taylor (1761-1834), Bookseller and publisher. Artist associated with 5 portraits.