8 of 8 portraits of Richard Wilson
by and published by William Bond, published by Longman & Co, published by Josiah Taylor, after Anton Raphael Mengs
stipple engraving, published 20 January 1812
12 in. x 10 in. (304 mm x 255 mm) plate size; 17 1/8 in. x 12 3/8 in. (436 mm x 314 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Richard Wilson (1714-1782), Landscape painter. Sitter associated with 8 portraits, Artist associated with 6 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- William Bond (active 1772-1827), Engraver. Artist associated with 53 portraits.
- Longman & Co (active 1806-1839), Publishers. Artist associated with 25 portraits.
- Anton Raphael Mengs (1728-1779). Artist associated with 10 portraits.
- Josiah Taylor (1761-1834), Bookseller and publisher. Artist associated with 5 portraits.