1 portrait of Sir David Brewster
by Unknown artist, published by Hughes & Edmonds
albumen print, published 1876
8 7/8 in. x 6 1/4 in. (226 mm x 158 mm) image size
Given by Mrs Granville Proby, 1944
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Sir David Brewster (1781-1868), Natural philosopher and academic administrator. Sitter associated with 17 portraits.
- Michael Faraday (1791-1867), Scientist. Sitter in 28 portraits.
- Thomas Henry Huxley (1825-1895), Biologist and science educationist. Sitter in 45 portraits.
- John Tyndall (1820-1893), Physicist and mountaineer. Sitter in 32 portraits.
- Sir Charles Wheatstone (1802-1875), Scientist and inventor. Sitter in 7 portraits.