6 of 32 portraits of William Wilberforce
by Charles Howard Hodges, published by John Rising, published by Thomas Harmar, after John Rising
mezzotint, published 1 February 1792
20 3/4 in. x 15 1/8 in. (528 mm x 383 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- William Wilberforce (1759-1833), Philanthropist and reformer. Sitter associated with 32 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Thomas Harmar (active circa 1757-1792), Stationer, engraver and printseller. Artist associated with 1 portrait.
- Charles Howard Hodges (1764-1837), Portrait painter and mezzotint engraver. Artist associated with 42 portraits.
- John Rising (1753-1817), Publisher and printer. Artist associated with 7 portraits.
Placesback to top
- Place made: United Kingdom: England, London (Leicester Square, London; 164 Piccadilly, London)