by Ida Kar
2 1/4 inch square film negative, 1957
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Artist associated with 1508 portraits, Sitter in 137 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Kar photographed Klein next to his blue sponge sculpture at his first London show, titled Monochrome Propositions of Yves Klein, held at Gallery One. The exhibition provoked controversial reviews, including the Daily Mirror's piece headlined 'The Artist Who Paints Nothing.'
- Weekend Workshop: The Quest for Reality: Giacometti & Uglow
From 14 November, 11:00
- Sunday Session: Abandoning the Real
1 November, 13:00
- Lecture: Giacometti: Pure Presence
12 November, 19:00
- Lecture: Inside Giacometti’s Studio
22 October, 19:00