by Ida Kar
2 1/4 inch square film negative, 1960
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Artist associated with 1508 portraits, Sitter in 137 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Kar photographed Braque at his Paris studio, at a time when he was working on the Birds series. His experimentations with silhouettes and ideograms, carved into painted plaster plaques or on pebbles, led to his producing lithographic works such as Oiseau de feu (1958) and Oiseau en vol (1961).
- Weekend Workshop: The Quest for Reality: Giacometti & Uglow
From 14 November, 11:00
- Sunday Session: Abandoning the Real
1 November, 13:00
- Lecture: Giacometti: Pure Presence
12 November, 19:00
- Lecture: Inside Giacometti’s Studio
22 October, 19:00