by Ida Kar
2 1/4 inch square film negative, 1960
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Jean Arp (1886-1966), Sculptor, painter, collagist, printmaker and poet. Sitter in 7 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Artist associated with 1508 portraits, Sitter in 137 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Kar photographed Arp at his studio at 21 rue des Châtaigniers in Clamart, near Paris, now the Arp Foundation. The sculptures include Tree of Bowls (1947) and Torse de Muse (1959).
- Weekend Workshop: The Quest for Reality: Giacometti & Uglow
From 14 November, 11:00
- Sunday Session: Abandoning the Real
1 November, 13:00
- Lecture: Giacometti: Pure Presence
12 November, 19:00
- Lecture: Inside Giacometti’s Studio
22 October, 19:00