by Ida Kar
quarter-plate film negative, 1954
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Artist associated with 1508 portraits, Sitter in 137 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Bill Hopkins wrote of Kar's photograph: 'Foujita's delicacy of line and colour gives the only clue to his curious passion for puppets, which he claims he loves beyond all human beings. Here he is surrounded by them; many of them are period curios.'
- Weekend Workshop: The Quest for Reality: Giacometti & Uglow
From 14 November, 11:00
- Sunday Session: Abandoning the Real
1 November, 13:00
- Lecture: Giacometti: Pure Presence
12 November, 19:00
- Lecture: Inside Giacometti’s Studio
22 October, 19:00