1 portrait of William Markham
by James Ward, published by John Boydell, published by Josiah Boydell, after George Romney
mezzotint, published 1 May 1800 (1790-1795)
19 7/8 in. x 15 1/8 in. (504 mm x 383 mm) plate size; 20 7/8 in. x 15 7/8 in. (530 mm x 402 mm) paper size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Pilgrim Trust, 1966
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- William Markham (1719-1807), Archbishop of York; Headmaster of Westminster School. Sitter in 11 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John Boydell (1720-1804), Engraver and printseller. Artist associated with 127 portraits, Sitter in 13 portraits.
- Josiah Boydell (1752-1817), Artist and publisher. Artist associated with 66 portraits.
- George Romney (1734-1802), Portrait painter. Artist associated with 160 portraits, Sitter in 5 portraits.
- James Ward (1769-1859), Engraver and painter of animals. Artist associated with 39 portraits, Sitter in 4 portraits.