by Ida Kar
2 1/4 inch square film negative, 1962
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Sitter in 137 portraits, Artist associated with 1508 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Ida Kar (1908-1974), Photographer. Artist associated with 1508 portraits, Sitter in 137 portraits.
This portraitback to top
In April of this year an exhibition of 76 of Kar's large format prints travelled to Moscow's House of Friendship as part of a government-sponsored cultural exchange programme. Ida Kar received glowing reviews; 'Ida Kar is that rare thing - the artist photographer'. 20,000 people saw the exhibition in two weeks and in the UK Studio magazine ran the cover story 'Ida Kar: Artist with a Camera.'
Linked publicationsback to top
- Rideal, Liz, Mirror Mirror: Self-portraits by Women Artists, 2001 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 12 September 2001 to 20 January 2002), p. 95
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Mirror Mirror: Self-portraits by women artists (12 September 2001 - 20 January 2002)
- Weekend Workshop: The Quest for Reality: Giacometti & Uglow
From 14 November, 11:00
- Sunday Session: Abandoning the Real
1 November, 13:00
- Lecture: Giacometti: Pure Presence
12 November, 19:00
- Lecture: Inside Giacometti’s Studio
22 October, 19:00