by Richard James Lane, printed by Day & Son, published by Paul and Dominic Colnaghi & Co, after Joanna Hilary Bonham-Carter, after John Pinches
lithograph, published 28 November 1854
18 3/4 in. x 13 7/8 in. (475 mm x 353 mm) paper size
Given by C.W. Carey, 1939
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Florence Nightingale (1820-1910), Reformer of hospital nursing and of the Army Medical Services. Sitter associated with 35 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Joanna Hilary Bonham-Carter (1821-1865). Artist associated with 3 portraits.
- Paul and Dominic Colnaghi & Co (active 1830-1890), Printsellers and publishers. Artist associated with 90 portraits.
- Day & Son (active 1824-1855), Lithographic printers. Artist associated with 38 portraits.
- Richard James Lane (1800-1872), Sculptor and lithographer. Artist associated with 1051 portraits, Sitter in 6 portraits.
- John Pinches (active 1846-died 1905). Artist associated with 4 portraits.
Related worksback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Thomas Carlyle: Historian of Heroes
Until 30 March 2015