18 of 20 portraits of Horace Walpole
by Henry Meyer, published by T. Cadell & W. Davies, after William Evans, after Sir Thomas Lawrence
stipple engraving, published 27 November 1811
14 7/8 in. x 12 7/8 in. (378 mm x 327 mm) plate size; 17 1/8 in. x 14 1/8 in. (435 mm x 358 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Horatio ('Horace') Walpole, 4th Earl of Orford (1717-1797), Writer and collector. Sitter associated with 20 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- T. Cadell & W. Davies (active 1795-1817), Publishers. Artist associated with 234 portraits.
- William Evans (active 1797-1856), Draughtsman and engraver. Artist associated with 103 portraits.
- Sir Thomas Lawrence (1769-1830), Portrait painter, collector and President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 683 portraits, Sitter in 25 portraits.
- Henry Meyer (1782?-1847), Portrait painter and engraver. Artist associated with 278 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Thomas Carlyle: Historian of Heroes
Until 30 March