16 of 33 portraits of Marie Tempest
published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd
matte bromide postcard photomontage, circa 1904
5 3/8 in. x 3 3/8 in. (136 mm x 86 mm) overall
Bequeathed by Patrick O'Connor, 2010
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Dame Marie Tempest (Mary Susan Etherington) (1864-1942), Actress. Sitter in 33 portraits.
- Ellaline Terriss ((Mary) Ellaline Hicks (née Lewin), Lady Hicks) (1871-1971), Actress; wife of Sir (Edward) Seymour George Hicks; daughter of William Terriss. Sitter in 36 portraits.
- Dame Ellen Alice Terry (1847-1928), Actress. Sitter associated with 193 portraits.
- Vesta Tilley (Matilda Alice (née Powles), Lady de Frece) (1864-1952), Music hall entertainer. Sitter in 49 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Rotary Photographic Co Ltd (active 1897-1916). Artist associated with 1027 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Curators' Choice: Photographs from the Terence Pepper Gift
Until 24 January 2016
Related shop items
- Ellen Terry Scarf
- Ellen Terry Magnetic Frame
- A Guide to the National Portrait Gallery (paperback)
- A Guide to Victorian & Edwardian Portraits (paperback)
- Pets in Portraits
- Ellen Terry Glasses Case
- George Frederic Watts DVD
- Ellen Terry Keyring
- Ellen Terry Pocket Mirror
- Ellaline Terriss, Lady Hicks by Bassano Studio greetings card
- Ellen Terry ('Choosing') by George Frederick Watts Mini-print
- Ellen Terry Jigsaw
- Ellen Terry Mini Jigsaw
- Ellen Terry ('Choosing') by George Frederic Watts Postcards