1 portrait of Paul McCartney
by John Swannell
archival digital print, 2007
20 3/8 in. x 15 3/8 in. (516 mm x 390 mm) image size
Given by John Swannell, 2011
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Sir (James) Paul McCartney (1942-), Musician and member of The Beatles and Wings. Sitter in 51 portraits.
Artistback to top
- John Swannell (1946-), Photographer. Artist of 128 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.
This portraitback to top
McCartney was photographed by Swannell in 2007, the year his album Memory Almost Full entered the USA Billboard Charts at number three. In the same year, McCartney performed at London's Olympia in Kensington, the Electric Proms at the Roundhouse in Camden and at the iTunes festival at the Institute of Contemporary Arts.
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Now and Then: Photographs by John Swannell (19 April 2011 - 2 January 2012)
Exhibitions and displays
- Curators' Choice: Photographs from the Terence Pepper Gift
Until 24 January 2016
- Lunchtime Lecture: 'Long to reign over us'
3 September, 13:15