The Noddle Bazaar
15 of 141 portraits of William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne
The Noddle Bazaar
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Charles Etienne Pierre Motte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 9 September 1830
11 1/4 in. x 16 1/4 in. (286 mm x 412 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 234 portraits.
- Charles X, King of France (1757-1836), King of France 1824-1830. Sitter in 10 portraits.
- John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon (1751-1838), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 71 portraits.
- Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland and King of Hanover (1771-1851), Son of George III. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
- Charles Grant, Baron Glenelg (1778-1866), Politician and colonial administrator. Sitter associated with 29 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 166 portraits.
- Henry Richard Fox (later Vassall), 3rd Baron Holland (1773-1840), Whig statesman and patron of art and letters. Sitter associated with 51 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and radical politician, MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 72 portraits.
- William Huskisson (1770-1830), Statesman. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Hussein ben Hassan (1765-1838), Dey of Algiers 1818-1830. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, 3rd Marquess of Lansdowne (1780-1863), Politician, Home Secretary, Chancellor of the Exchequer and Lord President of the Council. Sitter associated with 73 portraits.
- Louis-Philippe I, King of the French (1773-1850), King of France 1830-1848. Sitter associated with 20 portraits.
- Thomas Manners-Sutton, 1st Baron Manners of Foston (1756-1842), Judge. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- George Nugent Grenville, Baron Nugent (1788-1850), Writer. Sitter in 18 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784-1865), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- John Freeman-Mitford, 1st Baron Redesdale (1748-1830), Speaker of the House of Commons. Sitter in 9 portraits.
- Henry Addington, 1st Viscount Sidmouth (1757-1844), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 66 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 346 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Painting Parliament: The Fine Arts Commission 1841 – 1863
Until 10 May 2015