6 of 26 portraits of John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford
by John Doyle, printed by Charles Etienne Pierre Motte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 4 May 1831
10 1/4 in. x 15 1/2 in. (259 mm x 394 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 234 portraits.
- John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford (1786-1869), Statesman and friend of Byron. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 113 portraits.
- John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon (1751-1838), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 71 portraits.
- Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland and King of Hanover (1771-1851), Son of George III. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
- William Frederick, 2nd Duke of Gloucester (1776-1834), Field Marshal. Sitter associated with 27 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 166 portraits.
- Henry Hunt (1773-1835), Radical politician and demagogue. Sitter associated with 14 portraits.
- Charles William Vane-Stewart, 3rd Marquess of Londonderry (1778-1854), Soldier and diplomat. Sitter associated with 33 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 223 portraits.
- King William IV (1765-1837), Reigned 1830-7. Sitter associated with 134 portraits.