1 portrait of Sydney Smith
by William Sharp, printed by Charles Joseph Hullmandel, published by Joseph Dickinson, after John Hayter
lithograph, published 20 April 1835
20 1/2 in. x 12 7/8 in. (522 mm x 326 mm) paper size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Pilgrim Trust, 1966
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Sydney Smith (1771-1845), Wit and Canon of St Paul's. Sitter associated with 9 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Joseph Dickinson (1780-1849), Stationer and lithographic publisher. Artist associated with 82 portraits.
- John Hayter (1800-1895), Painter. Artist associated with 70 portraits.
- Charles Joseph Hullmandel (1789-1850), Lithographic printer. Artist associated with 106 portraits.
- William Sharp (1803-1875), Lithographer. Artist associated with 15 portraits.