1 portrait of Joseph Hume
by John ('HB') Doyle, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 13 May 1831
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- John Bull (active 1712-present), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 106 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 116 portraits.
- William Cobbett (1763-1835), Journalist, agriculturalist and politician; MP for Oldham. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
- John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon (1751-1838), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 92 portraits.
- Henry Goulburn (1784-1856), Conservative politician; MP for Cambridge University. Sitter in 22 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and politician; MP for Aberdeen Burghs, Middlesex and Montrose Burghs. Sitter associated with 74 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 220 portraits.
- Horace Twiss (1787-1849), Lawyer and Politician. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 427 portraits.
- King William IV (1765-1837), Reigned 1830-37. Sitter associated with 142 portraits.
- Lunchtime Lecture: William Cobbett’s Arcadia
7 April, 13:15
Related shop items
- Monarchs Ruler
- Magnetic Monarchs
- Wellington: Triumphs, Politics and Passions
- National Portrait Gallery Kings & Queens (paperback)
- National Portrait Gallery: A Portrait of Britain
- Pets in Portraits
- A Portrait of Fashion: Six Centuries of Dress at the National Portrait Gallery
- The Kings and Queens of England Poster
- Duke of Wellington Bust
- Duke of Wellington Decoration
- King William IV greetings card
- Kings and Queens of England Mug
- Prime Ministers Mug