1 portrait of Joseph Hume
by John ('HB') Doyle, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 13 May 1831
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- John Bull (active 1712-present), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 110 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 118 portraits.
- William Cobbett (1763-1835), Journalist, agriculturalist and politician; MP for Oldham. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
- John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon (1751-1838), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 93 portraits.
- Henry Goulburn (1784-1856), Conservative politician; MP for Cambridge University. Sitter in 23 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 175 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and politician; MP for Aberdeen Burghs, Middlesex and Montrose Burghs. Sitter associated with 74 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 226 portraits.
- Horace Twiss (1787-1849), Lawyer and Politician. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 438 portraits.
- King William IV (1765-1837), Reigned 1830-37. Sitter associated with 144 portraits.