10 of 19 portraits of Henry Goulburn
by John ('HB') Doyle, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 13 May 1831
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- John Bull (supposed active 1712), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 94 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 113 portraits.
- William Cobbett (1763-1835), Journalist, agriculturalist and politician; MP for Oldham. Sitter associated with 54 portraits.
- John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon (1751-1838), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 71 portraits.
- Henry Goulburn (1784-1856), MP for Cambridge University. Sitter associated with 19 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 166 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and radical politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 72 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- Horace Twiss (1787-1849), Lawyer and Politician. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 344 portraits.
- King William IV (1765-1837), Reigned 1830-7. Sitter associated with 134 portraits.