1 portrait of Sir James Robert George Graham, 2nd Bt
by John ('HB') Doyle, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 24 December 1831
16 3/8 in. x 11 1/4 in. (415 mm x 286 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 113 portraits.
- Charles Manners Sutton, 1st Viscount Canterbury (1780-1845), Speaker of the House of Commons. Sitter associated with 18 portraits.
- John Wilson Croker (1780-1857), Essayist and politician, Secretary to the Admiralty and MP for several constituencies. Sitter in 18 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 102 portraits.
- Sir James Robert George Graham, 2nd Bt (1792-1861), Statesman; First Lord of the Admiralty. Sitter associated with 52 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 226 portraits.
- Edward Burtenshaw Sugden, 1st Baron St Leonards (1781-1875), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 15 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Painting Parliament: The Fine Arts Commission 1841 – 1863
Until 10 May 2015