9 of 18 portraits of Charles Manners Sutton, 1st Viscount Canterbury
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred DucÃ´te, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 8 February 1832
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred DucÃ´te (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Ralph Bernal (1783-1854), Politician; MP for several constituencies and art collector. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Charles Manners Sutton, 1st Viscount Canterbury (1780-1845), Speaker of the House of Commons. Sitter associated with 18 portraits.
- Sir James Robert George Graham, 2nd Bt (1792-1861), Statesman; First Lord of the Admiralty. Sitter associated with 52 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 225 portraits.
- John Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer (1782-1845), Whig statesman. Sitter in 62 portraits.
- Sir Charles Wetherell (1770-1846), Politician and lawyer. Sitter in 25 portraits.