An Irish Row
1 portrait of Edward Law, 1st Earl of Ellenborough
An Irish Row
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Meifred, Lemercier & Co, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 13 March 1832
10 3/8 in. x 14 5/8 in. (262 mm x 371 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- John Bull (supposed active 1712), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 94 portraits.
- Philip Cecil Crampton (1783-1862), MP for Milborne Port; Solicitor-General for Ireland. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- George Robert Dawson (1790-1856), MP for Londonderry; financial secretary to the Treasury. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon (1751-1838), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 71 portraits.
- Edward Law, 1st Earl of Ellenborough (1790-1871), Politician, President of the Board of Control and Governor-General of India. Sitter associated with 31 portraits.
- Charles William Vane-Stewart, 3rd Marquess of Londonderry (1778-1854), Soldier and diplomat. Sitter associated with 35 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Whig politician and Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- William Conyngham Plunket, 1st Baron Plunket (1764-1854), Lord Chancellor of Ireland. Sitter in 9 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 346 portraits.
- James Stuart-Wortley-Mackenzie, 1st Baron Wharncliffe (1776-1845), Statesman. Sitter in 12 portraits.