Who Are "We"?
3 of 4 portraits of David William Murray, 3rd Earl of Mansfield
Who Are "We"?
by John Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducote, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 30 May 1832
11 1/4 in. x 15 in. (285 mm x 382 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducote (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- George Hamilton Gordon, 4th Earl of Aberdeen (1784-1860), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 46 portraits.
- Richard Temple-Nugent-Brydges-Chandos-Grenville, 1st Duke of Buckingham and Chandos (1776-1839), Statesman and print collector. Sitter associated with 39 portraits.
- Edward Law, 1st Earl of Ellenborough (1790-1871), Politician and Governor-General of India. Sitter associated with 31 portraits.
- George Kenyon, 2nd Baron Kenyon (1776-1855). Sitter in 5 portraits.
- Charles William Vane-Stewart, 3rd Marquess of Londonderry (1778-1854), Soldier and diplomat. Sitter associated with 33 portraits.
- David William Murray, 3rd Earl of Mansfield (1777-1840). Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Henry Pelham Pelham-Clinton, 4th Duke of Newcastle-under-Lyne (1785-1851), Politician. Sitter in 13 portraits.
- Robert Jocelyn, 3rd Earl of Roden (1788-1870), Auditor-General of the Exchequer in Ireland and customs rotulorum of County Louth. Sitter in 8 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 343 portraits.
- George William Finch-Hatton, 10th Earl of Winchilsea (1791-1858), Politician. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- William Draper Best, 1st Baron Wynford (1767-1845), Politician and judge. Sitter in 7 portraits.