Making a Point
1 portrait of George Child-Villiers, 5th Earl of Jersey
Making a Point
by John Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducote, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 29 August 1832
16 3/8 in. x 11 1/4 in. (415 mm x 286 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducote (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- George Hamilton Gordon, 4th Earl of Aberdeen (1784-1860), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 46 portraits.
- Walter Francis Montagu-Douglas-Scott, 5th Duke of Buccleuch (1806-1884), Magnate and politician. Sitter in 11 portraits.
- Henry George Herbert, 2nd Earl of Carnarvon (1772-1833). Sitter associated with 10 portraits.
- Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland and King of Hanover (1771-1851), Son of George III. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
- George Child-Villiers, 5th Earl of Jersey (1773-1859), Master of the Horse to Queen Victoria. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- George Kenyon, 2nd Baron Kenyon (1776-1855). Sitter in 5 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 343 portraits.